- I don’t exercise on purpose.
- I don’t get manicures.
- I don’t clip coupons.
- I don’t sew. That’s Hubs’ forte.
- I don’t clean up dog puke. Again, Hubs’ forte.
- I don’t have my work email linked to my cell phone.
- I don’t have my very own car to drive. Hubs and I share one and I’m cool with that.
- I don’t put a strict limit on my daily carb intake.
- I don’t scrapbook.
- I don’t wear Spanx.
- I don’t drink decaf. Fully loaded, dark roasted coffee is my jam.
- I don’t cook foods for my loved ones that I don’t like to eat.
- I don’t poop in the presence of Hubs.
- I don’t (and won’t) throw my family members or friends “under the bus” with my blog posts. They deserve my loyalty and respect.
Now, you may have noticed that there is little explaining on my above list. That’s because I think it’s a shame that we, as women in this world, due to largely manufactured societal pressures which are reinforced in a bajillion ways on the daily (the “perfect” photos of your Facebook friends, commercials on t.v., magazine articles, etc.), feel guilty for not doing the things we’re “supposed” to do. I think we need to cut that shit out. Who’s with me?
For the love of God, people, please add a few of your “dont’s” in the comments!