It’s now 2/28/23 and I’m realizing this is a post I could publish now. It captured a specific moment in time for me. I wrote it and never published it. I was newly unemployed and planning our move back home.
In other words, I’ve been taking some time today to review all my draft folders. I’m cleaning this digital joint up.
Originally written by me on 4/22/22 and seeing the light just today, these were the 8 things I noticed then:
- I noticed that my grandson has a beautiful singing voice. Song choice was a sweet surprise: “Close to You” by the Carpenters.
- Spending time on Twitter can be quite fun. Different but in a good way, from Facebook. Too bad it’s getting overtaken by an oligarch.
- That my daughter parents differently (and in a lot of important ways, better) than me when she and her sibling were young.
- My house is in disarray.
- That we have (had) far too many photos. Sure, there were plenty of precious ones I had to keep (to eventually scan so everything that isn’t in a frame is digitized). But these were photos taken back in the day when you had to put actual film in a camera. And you had no way to see them until you had them developed. In a lab. And half the time there were months between shots so when you dropped off your film, you thought there’d be a chance that there’d be some good ones in there. So you’d want to keep one for yourself and share with someone else, so you checked the box to have 2 copies of each picture. Then you’d get them back like 10 days later only to find out a mere 6 out of the 24 pictures on the film were sort of decent but the rest would be blurry shots of the sky with a smidge of your brother’s eyebrow in the corner.
- I naturally want to go to sleep for the night later and get up later now that I’m not working.
- I only have three good bras. That is it. And they are all the same style and size. Just different colors.
- Almost every show that I absolutely loved but had long ass breaks since the last season due to Covid-19, are all coming back with new seasons right now. Simultaneously. When, ironically, I’m unable to binge any of them at the moment. I’ve got too many other things to do with the big move to Wisconsin coming in less than 3 weeks.
Thank you friends, for reading my share here today. We’ll see if I find any more.
Now, back to editing……
But just one last thing.
An example of a pic taken in the 80’s that we had to pay for someone to develop and wait for days to get from the pharmacy.