Imagine the tune “If I were a Rich Man” from Fiddler on the Roof while you read the following:
If I had a she shed
Doodle doodle doodle
Diddy doodle doodle blam!
All day long I’d write and putz and sing
If I had a sheee shed!
I would of be writing and playing hard
Doodle doodle diddy blam!
If I were a righteous bitch
Doodle doodle doddle diddly blam!
Now that I got that out of my system, here’s what I envision will be in my future “she shed”:
- A small fridge/freezer combo in which to store bottles of Pinot Grigio and Merlot, ice, and pints of gelato.
- A window with a view of lilac bushes.
- A good sound system and internet access.
- A large desk for my chromebook adorned with pictures of family and friends and uplifting artwork. Like the image above.
- A comfy gray or tan love seat with large matching pillows.
- A large vision board hanging on the wall above the aforementioned (leather) love seat.
- A sturdy bookshelf that I get from a thrift store and up-cycle.
- Hearty plants in colorful pots of varying shapes and sizes.
- A special little table to keep essential oils, diffusers, and candles. This place is going to smell goooood.
- A comfy yet indestructible dog bed for Radar.
- A microwave. To heat up my peppermint tea or to make nachos.
- A Keurig coffee maker with an array of caffeinated options.
- A pair of bean bag chairs. So when I invite a friend or two over, we have comfy places to sit down and shoot the shit.
- A dart board. Pictures of OWM to affix to it for when I feel the need to rage against the patriarchal machine.
- A special basket to house all my fuzzy socks.
- A ceiling fan for when the hot flashes emerge.
- A sink, so I can properly clean up when I knock over a glass of wine or the essential oil diffuser.
- A velour blanket to drape around myself on chilly mornings.