I’m going to veer off-topic here. Not like I’ve ever committed to one topic anyway on this blog of mine.
But I did warn you when I began my “Alphabet Soup Challenge” that I may choose to write a post that is aside from that endeavor.
The humorous blogger Mona, over at Wayward Sparkles nominated me for the “Real Neat” blog award.
Thank you, Mona!
Isn’t that nice of her? She’s a very cool chick who has a lot to say, about well..a lot. She does so in a quirky, heartfelt sorta way. And she’s super into music, like me. So of course we’ve become blogging pals.
As a nominee, I have been directed to answer the following questions:
- Which five places would you like to visit and why?
- What food will you not eat and why?
- What super power would you like to have and why? (Anything goes!)
- What was your childhood dream job/career?
- What current actor do you think would make a great Elvis Presley in a movie about his life? Rhonda would like to know this, I think!
- What one thing would you like to see happen in 2021?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received and would like to pass on to others?
5 Places: All 50 states in our camper with Hubs. We would take a whole year and work odd jobs here and there to keep gas in the truck and our bellies adequately filled. Of course I’d be blogging all about it and who knows…maybe it’d result in a book!
Then of course, there’s Napa Valley, California because wine. And beautiful scenery. NYC to visit all the touristy sites and of course be in the audience at SNL. Europe (England, Germany, Ireland, Spain, the Netherlands and other places I’m sure). Cleveland, Ohio to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Food I won’t touch with a 10 foot pole: Sweet potatoes. I think it’s weird to have potatoes that taste sweet. Yuck!! Potatoes are best with salt, pepper, and cheese and all that other salty and fatty stuff.
Superpower: To fly. At will. Whenever I need a break from the hum drum of life. To learn about the world through my own eyes and feel free at the same time.
Childhood dream/career: I remember making countless lists of careers I wanted to pursue (I seem to recall it being pretty eclectic: stewardess, lawyer, psychiatrist) but the one I think that was most consistent was being an actress/writer. Think Rachel Bloom from “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”. I think had I been 12 when that show came out, I’d have been the president of her fan club and very possibly her stalker.
Who plays Elvis? Let me back up here for a sec. This needs context. I posted about the fabulous musical talent Yola recently. While researching her online, I learned that she is to play Sister Rosetta Tharpe in a new bio-pic about Elvis Presley. I did a bit of pondering with other bloggers in my comments section as to who might play Elvis. Didn’t realize till now that the role has been cast. I do think he looks the part, don’t you all?
What one thing would I like to see happen in 2021? Sorry, Mona, in these turbulent times I simply can’t limit it to just one. First one is a cure and vaccine for Covid-19. Second is much prosperity and equality for humans, specifically those who have been so underprivileged for far too long. Health care for all, more financial equity, a much improved and accessible educational system.
Best advice: Life is Fragile, Be Gentle. It wasn’t exactly advice that another person verbally expressed to me. It was this sign that my Dad had hanging on the wall inside his favorite place, our garage. I think one of the best things we can do to be the best versions of ourselves is to heed this advice. Be kind to others, but also to yourselves. Because life is too fragile and precious to do otherwise.
Now this is the part of the post where I nominate other bloggers that I think are quite neat; well actually spectacular. And they are….
Now for my 7 questions, which I sincerely hope get answered:
- You have an opportunity to have a sit down with another writer. Who would it be and why?
- Who is the most talented Black artist (musician, writer, painter, potter, any type of artist) that you think deserves to be more widely known or appreciated?
- Who is the funniest person you have ever personally known?
- What or who is your spirit animal?
- What is the biggest mistake you think you’ve made as a blogger?
- What one aspect of your life during the pandemic is “for keeps” post Covid-19?
- If you were granted the ability to be highly proficient at playing a musical instrument, what would it be and why?