A few weeks ago I was sure that I was at the beginning of a really meaningful career path. But it turns out I was wrong. I am now unemployed.
So here I am, trying to make lemonade out of lemons.
It’s going to be a process, people. I guess you can consider this my first step. Gotta start somewhere, right?
So here’s what I am sure of in this moment:
- I have more time for writing and improving my blogging skills.
- There are a lot of small home improvement/decor/organizational tasks that I can do around this joint to keep myself occupied.
- I don’t want to wallow in the sadness I’m feeling.
- Vodka pairs well with lemonade.
- My sense of humor is still intact.
- Music is therapeutic in times like these. Like this song that my blogger friend Mona at https://www.waywardsparkles.com/ recently shared with me.
- My family loves me unconditionally.
- So does Radar. Karl too, I’m told.
9. I’m not the only smart, hard-working, talented employee to ever been given the ol’ heave ho in the history of the universe.
10. I will survive and find new ways to thrive. I am not stopping now.